Monday, October 15, 2012

Today Is The Day!

So, it has finally arrived! I am at sitting here in the out patient clinic receiving my first dose of IV steroid therapy! The metallic taste that has crept into my mouth is nauseating and I'm slightly chilly. My nurse, Suzanne, is wonderfully plump and has a slight tremor. (Kinda scary when she stared the IV, haha) As Ryan and Ryker sit beside me, I try to read but my eyes are so tired. Instead, I end up here -up-dating the blog and half sleeping between each sentence.
I didn't really eat before I came, which I quickly realized was the worst mistake ever.... I feel awful :( Ryan suggests we make a sonic run when we are done so I can get a milk shake. I immediately perk up (HELL YEA!) only to be brought back to reality by Sweet Shakey Suzanne ..... "Unfortunately, you need to avoid things with excess sugar while you're on this course of treatment. So, things like desserts, fresh fruit, soda and excess carbs are off limits." An amused smile plays on her mouth. "That's like.... My whole diet." I reply as I hang my head. Inside I'm screaming, DAMN IT!!! This shit BETTER be worth it. She chuckles and Ryan just shrugs. LAME SAUCE. Now I'm back to being lethargic with visions of any and everything sugar related taunting me.

I'm pretty sure the chocolate chips cookies the girls made yesterday kept calling my name........

1 comment: