Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day two... I Think I am Feeling Better :)

So, here we are day two of the steroid infusion..... I couldn't ask for better company :) Sweet Shaky Suzanne was there again. Apparently she's always there because she is the only nurse in the clinic. (This sounds all to familiar) She made the comment that I seem to be "more aware today" which is a good thing, right? I guess the fact that I was severely lethargic and could barely walk on my own was more noticeable then I realized. We talked about how I was feeling compared to yesterday and she mentioned I had more color in my face and seemed a lot more lively. THANK GOODNESS. It seems like I've been waiting forever to feel "normal" again, whatever that means.

Yesterday Sweet Shaky Suzanne mentioned some of the side effects of the steroids.... one of which was (for lack of a better term) 'roid rage. WHAT?!?!?! shit. My emotions are already all over the place, like I need to add MORE anger to the mix. All I can say is beware! The long over due post on what it feels like to find out you have MS and be in severe pain will be coming soon and I'm sure it won't be pretty. And poor Ryan, bless his sweet heart. We talked briefly about it yesterday but he got a small taste of it this morning as I fussed him over trying to remember stuff. If any of you know my husband personally, you know that remembering detail is not his strong suit unless it has to do with helicopters, war stories, or drinking mishaps with friends. Ridiculously frustrating but not likely to change any time soon.

After my appointment we headed to Chick-Fil-a for a quick bite. Ryan of course taunted me by ordering an Oreo shake!! RUDE!! I drooled a bit, then ate my spicy wrap with visions of delicious Oreos in my head to keep my 'roid rage at bay.... LOL.

I must say, I honestly am feeling better. My inner warrior is finally waking from her coma. I can't wait until she is fully awake, head poised high, full armor on, and ready

TO KICK SOME MS ASS. I WILL make it my B*!#H and never let it control my life again.

---Warrior 

No comments:

Post a Comment